Use these hot/cold wraps to give pets soothing relief from common hip and joint ailments.
Each wrap includes a versatile, reusable gel pack that can be put into the freezer for use as a cold compress, or heated in the microwave to serve as a hot compress.
The adjustable nylon wrap has Velcro® tabs for a secure fit, and a mesh pocket on the inside to keep the pack in place. Each is packaged for retail.
Wraps adjust to fit dogs 25 to 100 lbs
For Cold Therapy:
- Remove gel pack from wrap. Place in freezer for a minimum of two hours prior to use. The pack can also be stored in the freezer so it is ready for immediate use.
- Remove pack from freezer and insert into the mesh pocket of the wrap. Secure the pocket with the Velcro® tab.
Apply wrap to the affected area of your dog. Secure it in place with the Velcro strips. To avoid leaks and breaking, do not allow pet to sit on, lean against, or lie down on the gel pack.
Do not apply the cold pack for more than 25 minutes at a time.
The gel pack can be returned to the freezer after use.
- For Hot Therapy
- Remove gel pack from wrap. Place pack flat in a microwave oven and heat on the MEDIUM setting for no longer than one minute. To continue heating the gel pack, heat on the LOW setting in 10 second intervals until the desired temperature is reached.
- Monitor the gel pack while it is heating. If you observe any swelling, turn off the microwave and wait for the swelling to subside before removing the pack.
- Remove pack from microwave oven and insert into the mesh pocket of the wrap. Do not remove without using oven mitts or some other form of hand protection. Secure the pack in the pocket using the Velcro tab.
- NOTE: For more effective heat relief, you may want to wrap a moist towel around the gel pack prior to inserting it in the wrap. The moisture will make it easier for the heat to penetrate into the pet’s muscles to soothe pain and soreness.
- Test the wrap’s temperature to make sure it is comfortable. If wrap is too hot, allow it to cool before applying to pet.
- Apply wrap to the affected area of your dog. Secure wrap in place with the Velcro strips.
- To avoid leaks and breaking, do not allow pet to sit on, lean against, or lie down on wrap.
- Supervise your pet while using this therapy wrap
- Do not apply gel pack directly to pet’s skin—always use with the blue wrap
- Do not allow pet to sit on, lean against, or lie down on wrap
- Use only as directed
- Keep out of the reach of children
- Discard gel pack if it is torn or leaking—avoid contact with skin and eyes
- Do not eat gel