Endorsed by leading veterinarians and trainers, these safe and effective Gentle Leader® Headcollars
stop pulling, lunging, and other unwanted behaviors. Works by applying gentle pressure to back of neck and muzzle when lead is pulled to direct dog in a more natural manner.
- Made of soft nylon
- Fits around the top of the neck and encircles the base of the muzzle
- Offers total head control without choking
Choose from individual Headcollars or a Complete System (item ZT246
), sold separately, that includes headcollar, matching 4’ lead, 10’ indoor drag line, 66-page training manual. Packaged for effective and easy retail display.
Sizes and Colors may be combined for quantity discounts.
See the Instructions and Sizing Info tabs for more product details.
Click to View the Instructions Document
Question: How do I fit a Gentle Leader?
- Attach leash to control ring
- Open neck strap and hold each end so the nose loop and lead look like a T.
- Place on neck with center bar ring just above Adam’s Apple, and adjust so that only one finger will fit between neck and strap.
- Take neck strap off dog; slide adjustable snap clip down to leash ring.
- Pull nose loop up through center bar ring.
- Hold nose loop open and slip onto dog’s muzzle; snap neck strap closure shut.
- Make final adjustment to nose loop with snap clip; nose loop should be behind the corners of the mouth, loose enough to pull forward to nose leather but not so loose that it can be pulled off.
: Take extra care in fitting on bulldogs and other breeds with flat noses; if their breathing difficulties increase when wearing headcollar, discontinue use and consult a veterinarian.
The Gentle Leader headcollar is not a muzzle
— when fitted properly, dog is able to eat, drink, pant, fetch, bark, and even bite.