Pet dryer replacement parts from PetEdge save you time and money. These Master Equipment™ Blue Force Replacement Dryer Carbon Brushes
are designed to fit both the 1.8 HP and 4.0 HP Master Equipment™ Blue Force Dryers
- Brushes are sold in pairs
- The 1.8 model has two brushes
- The 4.0 model has four brushes
We recommend replacing all carbon brushes at the same time.
Carbon brushes are an integral part of maintenance and should be replaced when worn to half their original length.
TP8290 18 1.8 HP dryers require one set of replacement brushes.
TP8290 40 4.0 HP dryer require two sets of replacement brushes, one for each motor.
Carbon Brush Replacement Instructions — Master Equipment Blue Force Dryers Model TP8280
These Carbon Brushes have been retrofitted to fit any Blue Force Hi-Velocity Dryer with modifications, regardless of date of manufacture. When you receive them, they will have a small piece of flat rubber sheeting wrapped around the end with a plastic zip tie.
- For dryers made before September 2009, remove the zip tie and rubber.
- For dryers made during and after September 2009, use with zip tie and rubber in place.
The production date of the dryer can be found on the Motor Rating Label, in the lower left corner. The first two numbers are the year, follow by Q with a number 1-4 after it. example: 11Q4 - The dryer was made in the fourth quarter of 2011.
: Phillips head screwdriver; Needle nose pliers
4.0 HP Models —
- Make sure dryer is unplugged and remove the hose.
- Remove single screw holding endcap in place.
- To remove endcap, rotate black endcap counterclockwise.
- Remove the two small screws holding the brush bracket then remove the bracket. Set aside to reuse, along with the retaining screws
- Unplug the connecting wire on the bottom of the carbon brush. (The pliers may be used here if necessary.) There is a rubber sleeve that must be removed the first time the carbon brushes are changed. This sleeve is not necessary; it may be disposed of.
- Remove the used carbon brush and replace with the new one. Make sure that the new brush is fully seated in place. The black plastic “wings” on each side should be all the way down to the motor frame. You will also have to compress the carbon block back into the black retainer to make the new brush fit.
- Replace the bracket and screws.
- Plug connecting wire back onto carbon brush, making sure that it is all the way on.
- Repeat instructions for second brush.
The 4.0 HP model has two pairs of brushes, one for each motor. After replacing the carbon brushes on the first motor, remove the two screws on either side of the dryer body, in the center. Separate the top and bottom housings to access the second motor.