Add an additional pet to the intellipet In-Ground Fence System with this extra dog receiver collar. This lightweight and waterproof collar delivers three levels of stimulation and includes a rechargeable battery. For dogs older than 6 months.
Adjustable collar fits neck sizes 14"-24". Receiver weighs 2 1/2 oz
THE COLLAR RECEIVER
The collar receiver is attached to a nylon collar strap that your dog will wear. The collar receiver administers the warning tone and correction should your dog attempt to leave the yard. Fitting the collar on your dog. The collar strap should fit snugly towards the top of your dog's neck with the collar receiver box on the bottom of the neck. You should be able to get one finger between the collar strap and your dog's neck. The contact points must make contact with the dog's skin for proper operation. A little hair thinning may be required.
A. Always use the rubber insulators and the collar strap. They provide insulation in damp conditions and keep the collar receiver secure.
B. A small amount of hair thinning or removal makes contact with the dog's skin easier.
C. This product is recommended for dogs six months of age and older.
D. Occasionally, check the tightness of the receiver probes to ensure the receiver does not fall off of the collar. Lost collars are not covered under your warranty. Proper fit of the collar is important. A Collar worn for too long or made too tight on the pet's neck may cause skin damage. Ranging from redness to pressure ulcers; this condition is commonly known as bed sores.
- Avoid leaving the collar on the dog for more than 12 hours per day.
- When possible reposition the collar on the pet's neck every 1 to 2 hours.
- Check the fit to prevent excessive pressure; follow the instructions in this manual.
- Never connect a lead to the electronic collar; it will cause excessive pressure on the contacts.
- When using a separate collar for a lead, don't put pressure on the electronic collar.
- Wash the dog's neck area and the contacts of the collar weekly with a damp cloth.
- Examine the contact area daily for signs of rash or a sore.
- If a rash or sore is found, discontinue use of the collar until the skin has healed.
- If the condition persists beyond 48 hours, see your veterinarian. These steps will help keep your pet safe and comfortable. Millions of pets are comfortable while they wear stainless steel contacts. Some pets are sensitive to contact pressure. You may find after some time that your pet is very tolerant of the collar. If so, you may relax some of these precautions. It is important to continue daily checks of the contact area. If redness or sores are found, discontinue use until the skin has fully healed.
- You may need to trim the hair in the area of the probes. Never shave the dog's neck; this may lead to a rash or infection.
- The Collar Receiver should not be on your dog when the system is tested. Your pet may receive an unintended correction.
- The Boundary Width of the system must be tested whenever an adjustment is made to the containment field to prevent unintended corrections to your pet.
- If you use a collar and leash for training, be sure the extra collar does not put pressure on the contacts.
- Always remove your dog's Collar Receiver before performing any transmitter testing.
: For added protection unplug from the wall outlet and disconnect the loop boundary wires when unused for long periods of time or prior to thunderstorms. This will prevent damage to the transmitter due to surges. Always use the rubber insulators between the collar strap and probes to provide insulation in damp conditions. Other collars and metal tags should be removed as they may interfere with proper operation. Do not attempt to dismantle or repair any components of this system; doing so will void the warranty in full. The computerized circuitry should be serviced only by an authorized expert. For more operational instructions refer to your Intellipet In-Ground Fence Owner’s Guide.