This innovative Guardian Gear Cool Pup Coat
exchanges the dog's heat with the coolness from stored cold
water packs to keep pets comfortable. It's a sporty cooling
coat that’s perfect for dogs that may overheat in hot
- Made of a lightweight and heat-releasing SPF fabric that
blocks more than 99% of harmful UV rays
- Coat stays cool for up to 6 hours
- Features a layer of foam for absorbing and storing cool
water, adjustable chest and neck straps with Velcro®
closures, and cooling-pack inserts at the chest
- Light-colored fabric reflects sunlight, for added
- Jacket can be soaked in cool water to lock in a cool
- Fabric is designed to exchange body heat from dog with
coolness in coat
Each comes with removable, reusable ice packs (2–9, depending
on size). Each is shipped in a polybag with an insert card.
- Shell Fabric: (SPF) 55% nylon, 45% cotton
- Side Panels: 50% polyester, 50% cotton
- Lining: 100% polyester
- Gel Inserts
: Measure length of pet’s back from the
base of the neck to the base of the tail. See below for
estimating by breed.
: Measure the circumference of pet’s neck
for a snug fit. No need to add inches as you would with a
: Measure girth around the
broadest part of the chest and add 2”.
: If the dog has a stout build,
select one size larger.
- X-Small is 10"L
- Small is 12"L
- Small/Medium is 14"L
- Medium is 16"L
- Large is 20"L
- X-Large is 24"L
- XX-Large is 30L"
Recommended Sizing By Breed
||Dogs Under 5 lbs.
||Toy Poodle, Pomeranian
||Chihuahua, Yorkshire Terrier
||Jack Russell Terrier, French Bulldog
||Pug, West Highland Terrier
||Beagle, Boston Terrier
||Boxer, Labrador Retriever
||Golden Retriever, German Shepherd
||Mastiff, Great Dane
: Use one of the following three
- With the removable cooling packs in place, submerge the
entire coat into cold water. Wring out excess water and place
the coat in a freezer-ready plastic bag. Place the coat and
the bag in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove the coat from the
freezer, let it thaw for 15 minutes, then place it on the
- Or, with the removable cooling packs in place, place the
coat in a freezer-ready plastic bag, and freeze the coat dry,
without submerging it in water.
- Or, freeze just the gel inserts, and then place them into
Make sure the adjustable chest panel is fastened snugly
aginst the dog's chest. Coat remains cool for up to six hours.
Remove the coat from the dog when it no longer is cool. Repeat
steps as necessary.