An interactive toy that is great for pet and owner bonding.
- Treats can be placed under the square sliders for one
challenge, under the sliding bars for another
- Dogs have to figure out how to move the sliders and pulls
to get at the treats underneath
- A great way to focus pet attention and an excellent
outlet for energy
See the Paws On Puzzle Square in action:
Material: Particle board
Each Paws-On Puzzle Square measures 10"
Caution: Do not allow pet to play with toy if it becomes
damaged. Supervision is advised; remove toy when not in use.
1. Start by teaching your dog to slide the squares from one
side to another.
2. Slide one of the squares across and place treats inside.
Make sure your dog sees you put the treat in the open
3. Recover the opening with the slider.
4. Place the game on the floor and let your dog investigate.
Encourage your dog to sniff around the slider with the treat
5. If your dog does not figure out how to slide the square
across, you can hint at the solution by partially sliding it
across and revealing a bit of the treat.
6. The pull bars represent a more difficult challenge for your
7. Pull the bar to the open position. Place a treat inside the
opening and slide the bar in so it partially covers the treat.
Praise your dog when it uses its mouth or paw to pull the bar
and retrieve the treat.
8. Once your dog understands how the pull bars work, you can
cover the treat completely for a bigger challenge.
Supervision is required. Remove toy when not in use.