A great add-on accessory for modern grooming, these distinctive
Top Performance® Feather Extensions
finishing touches that will set your shop apart from the
- Comes in a 10 pack of assorted colors
- Feathers are built to withstand washing, drying, styling,
and treating of fur
- Easy to use, extensions will stay attached for several
Feathers are held in place by a plastic tip that the microbead
easily fits over and then clamped down for secure attachment to
Learn how to attach feather extensions by watching the video
Top Performance Feather Extension Pliers, Loop Tools, and
Microbeads are available and sold separately.
: Feathers measure between 4"- 4
Made with top quality, USA grown feathers with a plastic
Tips and Tricks
- Loop Tool
- Feather Extensions
- Look at the direction of natural hair growth where
feathers attach. Make sure to keep in mind the desired
positioning before starting the process.
- All undercoat hair comes out easily, be sure to attach
the fur extensions to guard hairs. When combing or brushing
dogs please do not forget that feathers are attached.
: Feather extensions are
temporary accents that can be accidentally removed when
combing and brushing pets.
- Thread the Microbead (B) halfway down the Loop Tool
- Part the fur.
- Gather a 1/8 inch square section of fur in your
fingers, and then thread the hair through the center of the
Loop Tool (C).
- Slide the Microbead (B) to the top of the Loop Tool
(C). Pull the Loop Tool (C) through the Microbead (B)
leaving the fur threaded through the Microbead (B). (Be
sure to keep the flared end of the Microbead facing and
close to the dog’s body (approximately 1/8” away).
- Place your finger under the Microbead (B) to make room
for your fur extension.
- Holding the Microbead (B) on the fur strand, insert the
coated base of the Feather Extension (D) into the
- Clamp the Microbead (B) flat with the Pliers (A).
: Use the appropriate hole in
pliers to uncrimp the Microbead (B) so that it can be easily
freed from the coat. Microbead (B) should be rounded so it
slides off easily. Microbeads restored to a round shape can
be reused several times.