Watch the video below to see how easy it is to attach our Top
Performance Feather Extensions:
Our feathers are designed to be securely attached to fur using
a simple, included tool.
This secure attachment technique ensures that the feather will
not be accidentally pulled out by paws and that each lays flat
in the fur.
Feathers stay in fur for up to 8 weeks and can be washed, blow
dried, and used again and again!
- Made by a world-class fly fishing
- Fashioned with top-quality detergents and mineral-based
- Feathers can be washed, blow dried, and used again and
- Kit includes a 10-pack of top-quality assorted feathers,
two loop tools, a 50-pack of microbeads, and pliers – an
- Top quality, USA grown feathers
- Pliers - plastic & metal
- Loop tool - plastic & metal
- Microbeads - plastic
- Feather extensions - 4"-4 1/2"
- Pliers - 5 1/2"
- Loop Tool - 4 3/4"
- Microbeads - 4mm diameter
Tips and Tricks
- Loop Tool
- Feather Extensions
- Look at the direction of natural hair growth where
feathers attach. Make sure to keep in mind the desired
positioning before starting the process.
- All undercoat hair comes out easily, be sure to attach
the fur extensions to guard hairs. When combing or brushing
dogs please do not forget that feathers are attached.
: Feather extensions are temporary
accents that can be accidentally removed when combing and
- Thread the Microbead (B) halfway down the Loop Tool
- Part the fur.
- Gather a 1/8 inch square section of fur in your fingers,
and then thread the hair through the center of the Loop Tool
- Slide the Microbead (B) to the top of the Loop Tool (C).
Pull the Loop Tool (C) through the Microbead (B) leaving the
fur threaded through the Microbead (B). (Be sure to keep the
flared end of the Microbead facing and close to the dog’s
body (approximately 1/8” away).
- Place your finger under the Microbead (B) to make room
for your fur extension.
- Holding the Microbead (B) on the fur strand, insert the
coated base of the Feather Extension (D) into the
- Clamp the Microbead (B) flat with the Pliers (A).
: Use the appropriate hole in pliers
to uncrimp the Microbead (B) so that it can be easily freed
from the coat. Microbead (B) should be rounded so it slides off
easily. Microbeads restored to a round shape can be reused